Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, Apr 21, 2003.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

alright i relaize that if you wheel a truck things break, but seems like every time i wheel mine something breaks its just agrivating what can i do to keep things from breaking, like my fram craked that understandable when i got my tire 2' off that ground from that flexing well fixed it and on the way back from the beach it came back loose that bolts did and sonuds like my hub was fixing to fall out i guess i need to get ride of those stock axels well sorry so long but if any of yall have any questions or suggestion let me no as long as they aren't to expensive. thanks drew /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This isn't going to be cheap, but build everything to be able to handle more abuce then you'll ever put it through. Thats my plans. Well, if I can ever afford to that is.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Wow, that's the longest run-on sentence I've seen in awhile! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

As for the question - not much to say other than build everything right the first time and don't half-ass any repairs. When stuff breaks it's usually because it was not maintained correctly or because you're asking too much from a part that was not designed to take the stress that you're putting to it. The first step in any buildup should be to go through the entire truck with a fine tooth comb and find any weak spots that have been missed during routine maintenance and take care of those, then start on the upgrades. Build it once and build it right. Until you want to upgrade, then build it again and build it right. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif</font>

4. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

thanks alot for the suggestions, how much will a set of axels be used already set up. thanks