Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Some Tranny Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cityfarmer2, Jan 25, 2006.

1. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

First off I am in Korea where nothing is easy and everything is almost right. What I am looking for is the part number for an overhaul kit for my 1984 CUCV M1009 TH400(?) Transmission. Reason for this (?) is that I thought I had ordered the correct part number but seems I did not. I know I have a NP208 bolted to the rear of the transmission. My VIN number if this could help is 1G8ED18J3FF107119. Originally the truck came with a 6.2 Liter Diesel but that was deep six' d years ago. Are there any markings on the case that could identify the make of the tranny? Again this truck was maintain by guys that came to korea for a year so there is no telling if this is the originally transmission or not, but if anyone could point me in the correct direction. My feet are starting to hurt....

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

What is the shape of the pan, is there a cable that runs to the throttle bracket? If the pan looks like the state of IL it is a 400, if it is a square with a corner cut off it is a 350 and if it is all square and has wires running to it it is a 700-r4

3. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Need Some Tranny Help (Fast)

I know it is a TH400 but it is a 3 speed PRN12D but I need more information for the transmission man so I order the new parts to overhaul. Any ideas. I guess from what he is telling me a TH400 isn't always just a TH400, GOT MILK.....

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

if ti is a 400 then just order a rebuild kit for a 400 they should all me the same