Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need someone in Omaha, Ne too check a house out for me.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

5130 N. 37th. Mostly need too know about the nieghborhood. North Omaha isn't my first choice, but I like the style of the house from what I can see on the internet. [​IMG] Just need info on what kind of nieghborhood it is.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Any opinions from the picture ?? It's a 2 bedroom with a finished basement. If I buy, I will have too have centreal air installed.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Reapaint and natural wood railing

Kind of crappy garage eh?

"Lemme just roll the truck out and.... AHHHHHHH ITS GOING INTO THE STREET !!!!"

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Reapaint and natural wood railing

Kind of crappy garage eh?

[/ QUOTE ] Well, I sold the truck, so I don't need too worry about not being able too fit in tha garage. I like the garages that are in the basement of houses. Keep in mind I need too stay within a certin price range, and this one falls in it. I am willing too do minor things like painting. As long as it's not falling apart, everything works, and the roof is good, it'll work for me.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It looks nice to me. I'd have to see a lot more of it first, though.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

7. stick

stick Registered Member

do you remember where mr. c's is? it's not too far from there. the florance area is actually not too bad any more. they have dressed it up quite a bit down there.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Looks like a pretty nice house from the pic... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    do you remember where mr. c's is? it's not too far from there. the florance area is actually not too bad any more. they have dressed it up quite a bit down there.

[/ QUOTE ] One of my biggest concerns is crime and gangs. North Omaha had those problems last time I lived there. I just need too know that it would be a safe nieghborhood for my 71 y/o mother too live in. I don't want too sound like a racist, but we don't want too be the only white people in a black nieghborhood. That could very easily make our house and vehicles targets. It's sad too say, but things like that do happen. I like the way the house looks in the pic. Love the garage that is part of the basement. Looks like I'd be able too put up my 50 foot tower. (I'm into two way radio) So this house does meet alot of my needs.

10. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I know youre looking for a specific price range, but remember that a 2 bedroom house is harder to resale than a 3 or more. We bought a 2 BR, but Im refinishing the basement and adding a 3rd.

Anyways, it does look like a nice house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I know youre looking for a specific price range, but remember that a 2 bedroom house is harder to resale than a 3 or more. We bought a 2 BR, but Im refinishing the basement and adding a 3rd.

Anyways, it does look like a nice house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I know. I have no problem building on at a later date.

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I think it's a neat looking house. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Midwestblue

Midwestblue Registered Member

It looks like a nice place and some of the Florence area is pretty nice. But that is too close to 30th & Ames area, which is not such a great place after dark if you are "light skinned". Don't get me wrong one of my best friends lives in that area and is black so I'm not that biased, but I wouldn't live there.
    I might be in Omaha next weekend, if I get a chance I will drive around it.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It looks like a nice place and some of the Florence area is pretty nice. But that is too close to 30th & Ames area, which is not such a great place after dark if you are "light skinned". Don't get me wrong one of my best friends lives in that area and is black so I'm not that biased, but I wouldn't live there.
    I might be in Omaha next weekend, if I get a chance I will drive around it.

[/ QUOTE ] Thank ya.

15. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Well Paul, unless Omaha's changed a lot since I left 5yrs. ago I'd keep looking. I used to work at University hospital and we got a lot of clientele from there esp. on the 1st Friday of the month. But if you're into drive bys it's the place to be. As of 1999 Omaha had over 12,000 active afiliated gang members.Of course that address is better than someting around 30th & Lake. Just my .02 worth /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well Paul, unless Omaha's changed a lot since I left 5yrs. ago I'd keep looking. I used to work at University hospital and we got a lot of clientele from there esp. on the 1st Friday of the month. But if you're into drive bys it's the place to be. As of 1999 Omaha had over 12,000 active afiliated gang members.Of course that address is better than someting around 30th & Lake. Just my .02 worth /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I hear ya. There are some pockets in North Omaha that are nice, and I'd like too find out if this nieghborhood is one of them. Like I stated in the first post, North Omaha is not my first choice. But I like the style of the house and the price is right. Maybe it's so cheap because of the location. In all honesty, I'd prefer to go from 42nd to 84th from Center to Harrison. 60th & Q would be my first choice, the Aksarben area a close 2nd.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What really sucks is most of the houses in the part of Omaha I want too go into are priced in the $75,000 to $150,000 dollor on up price range. Maybe Matthew Lesko will have a grant for me, LOL. I'd be happy with a house like the one pictured in my first post in the 60th and Q area. That would be perfect. Just a small 2 or 3 bedroom home with a garage as part of the basement, and centreal air. That's all I really want, nothing fancy. Oh well, I'll probley end up buying another trailer house.

18. Midwestblue

Midwestblue Registered Member

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Try www.cbshome.com

[/ QUOTE ] That's where I found the first house that started this thread.