Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need source for a hyd. line lock, & finished 14 bolt disc brake lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike reeh, Apr 1, 2002.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any links to websites of companies that manufacture line-locks? looking for good quality & price.... The ball valve idea is still running thru my mind.. would be a lot cheaper and easier to install.. except that Id have to run lines into the cab and mount the valve.. I sure would feel a lot safer about it though... Id be REAL sketchy about parking my truck on a hill, especially with buildings/cars/people around, and leaving it unattended for more than a couple minutes - with an electric one... maybe Im just over-paranoid..

as for the rear brake lines after installing discs (this topic came up before) ... I went to Earls and peiced together a really nice setup.. cost me like $70 but it was well worth it.. it looks great (pics later) and its all steel braided hose.. MAN Im glad I went that route, as opposed to bending steel line.. I dont know how I would have connected the steel line to the banjo fitting either..

suggestions?

mike

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I'm told Napa sells a decent line lock kit. Haven't verified for myself yet.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I use Mico Lever-Lock <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mico.com>www.mico.com</a>
    It is one of my best mods and I use it all the time!
    I think I paid 185 for it? Was a few yrs ago so can't remember....
    Good Luck

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Oh ya the reson I whent with the manual lever style is cuz you can ease off the break pressure slowly. The electric button kind is on/off no inbetween....you may already know this but a line lock of anykind will loose it's line pressure in time. I tested the lever lock I have and it held overnight. I would emagine it is hell on the calipaer seals to have constant pressure for hours and hours and in time they are sure to spring a leak!
    .02c

5. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I've been weighing my options and I decided NOT to go with a line lock of any kind. If you have a hydraulic failure then you are assed out.

I'm going with the Caddy Calipers for my E brake setup. Hydraulic brakes fail I still have the ability to slow down/stop.