Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need specs on mud pits, rock gardens, log cross, and so on.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by great scott, Aug 16, 2003.

1. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

My local club the King Crawlers has been working with our county to build a 4X4 challenge park. We have the land laid out, the comissioners convinced it would be good for the county, several course we want to build, heck we even have the national guard willing to build it. The best and worst part is that we get to design it all. The county is asking for specs on the events to help protect them in the case of a law suit. We are having a hard time finding any thing that looks some what offical for the to put in their files because lets face it there is no right/wrong way to build these things, the varity is half the fun. But we stll need specs for; mud bogs, hill climbs, tractor pulls, teeter totters, RTI ramps, log cross, wash/tank traps, rock gardens, obstical courses, car crush, or new ideas. Thanks in advance.

2. great scott

No one has any specs, web sites, anything I can give the county.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

As far as the mud pit goes, if you are going for a straight line drag type setup, the local pit I go to where the have (sanctioned) races is 160 feet long and about 3 truck widths wide with another truck width on each side that banks up. They also have a fast track that is the same lenth and width. There is another local pit that is 350 feet long and about 15 feet wide. It all depends on how big you really want this thing to be. Don't forget about having a way to get people out. You are gonna need a water source too. Good luck with it.

Kris

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

they just need a big disclaimer sign at the entrances. then they are free of legal matters when worded right.
    as far as i know a rock garden is how they guy sees it in his head, as with everything else. you should be able to draw them up with some measurements and do it. just remember, not everybody has a 1 ton rig on 42's....
    and i bet you got a lot of stock jeeps and what not out there that will wanna try it all. so maybe, multiple mud pits for tire sizes, and a small and big obstiacal for the others.
    Grant

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

on the travel channel Ramsey Winch Truck Challenge was just broadcast today (the 17th). It was held in Arkansas. It had all the things you asked about and the technical person from Ramsey spoke about the courses on the show... I might suggest a call to Ramsey Winch and speak to theor public relations person.....
    another matter.. for those of you that see it check out the winch accident... the spotter got sucked into the winch and got seriously hurt.... wakeup call
    cam

6. great scott

We are including obsticals for as many diffrent levels as we can, things like 3 mud pits 3 log cross and so on. the county will have a wavier but they still want these stupid specs. I will check with ramsey, maybe they can help.