Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Spring Measurements

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer74, Apr 19, 2002.

1. blazer74

blazer74 Member Premium Member

I am trying to determine if my front springs are 4 or 6 inch lift. I need the measurements from a 4 inch lift and a 6 inch lift front spring taken from the front bottom lip of the the bumpstop bracket to the top of the spring forward of the u bolt plate. I get 11 inches. 74 k5 Thanks, Craig

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I get about 9 1/2" on my 81 Jimmy. Old 4" Rancho lift...

Rene

3. blazer74

Mine are old too. I believe they are superlift, They also have a degree shim under them. They were on the truck when I bought it back in 1986.

4. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

there was a great post about ride heights that Stephen Watson started a while ago. Do a search for it or just keep looking back in the archives. I think that most 4 inch springs don't come with degree shims, while many 6 inch lifts do.
    Again, check that post about ride height, once you read that and do some measurments on your truck, I doubt you'll have much of a question about what lift weight you're at.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The thickness of the spring pack also needs to be figured in. It would be best to measure to the top of the axle tube.
    I'll get you the measurment on my rancho's tonight.

6. blazer74

Good point about the spring pack, Grim do you have lift springs on the back, if so any sag problems with the rancho's. Once I determine what lift I have I'm going to replace my rear springs. Justin I'll check on that ride height search. Thanks to all, Craig

7. blazer74

Great info on ride height, Would be a great ref in the tech section. Will have to remeasure mine.