Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need suggestions on parts ASAP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, Dec 16, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm helping my father-in-law monday swap out his diesel for a 350. Thats what he wants. I need to find reasonable prices on the following parts and will need them in hand by the end of the month.
    Please give me some suggestions/with part numbers and places to buy.
    Thanks ahead of time.

Truck specs are:
    84 GMC Dually 4x4
    6.2 SM465/NP205
    60/14
    Custom fab bed
    Custom winch bumper
    Heavy duty work truck. Welding rig.
    This truck is drove everyday to and from work. Has to use 4x4 daily as he is a pipeline welder and the job sites are fairly nasty.

Need ASAP
    1. Headers (shortys? or 4x4?)
    2. 670 Holley avenger
    3. good/ dual friction clutch setup

Later additions
    4. Regear
    5. Lockers/limited slip front?

2. maintain

maintain Newbie

Can I have!!!

Hey, I have a blazer with a 6.2, no lift 35-12.50/15’s stock rattle trap K5 and about 1/4 million miles on it... daily driver, love it.

I am working on a tow able project that would incorporate another 6.2 would you be willing to donate the old one for a worth wile project vehicle to be dubbed locomotive breath.

I'll Ship

Terry

3. clarkjw24

I don't know what he's gonna do with the 6.2. We've got to get his work rig running and reliable first.

4. clarkjw24

Anyone? I need to order or start getting this stuff tomorrow.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Stick with full length headers.

I'm pretty happy with my hedman elites, although they weren't a PERFECT fit, very few of the "cheaper" headers are. Just some interference with the spring shackle bolt on either side. 69080 rings a bell as to the part # I used. Pretty cheap for a coated header, $250 or so from summit or jegs.

If I *could*, I'd go for headers that were coated internally as well, but I don't know as anyone is turning those out in the "budget" range like the elites. Not cheap per se, but good headers.

BTW, another tip, DON'T destroy the stock diesel exhaust if it's not rotted out. Very well mounted, and I was able to make my Hedmans bolt to it by cutting the stock stuff back a bit, and buying pipe sections from Napa. Probably cost me $20 in parts plus the welding time to get them bolted up.