Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need sunroof

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vin79, Sep 8, 2006.

1. vin79

vin79 Newbie

hey im new to this site and i have a 1979 k5 i bought about 6 mos. ago. it has a sunroof but im not sure if its factory or not but i do know that it leaks like a bastard i was just wondering if anyone knows where to get a new one or used i dont care as long as i can keep my seats dry! please help

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

It sounds like an aftermarket unit! I'm not sure why anyone would install a sunroof in a convertible K5 of all vehicles. I think that in several states, you could legally fist-beat the previous owner for that butchery. I'd try a body shop and see if they could fix the seals; they should shoot you a free estimate anyway.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

My '90 K5 has a sunroof that was installed by a body shop that specializes in sunroof installations. Many dealers send new cars there to have sunroofs intalled. Mine has been in since the truck was new in '90 so it's 16 years old. It has never leaked, and in fact the handle broke about a year ago so I called the company that installed it and they still provide parts and service for it. All that to say I'd find a reputable company and they should be able to get you fixed up.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I installed my own sunroof, Just can't figure out how to close it.

[​IMG]