Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need susp. help or ideas??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chewy4x4, Oct 1, 2002.

1. chewy4x4

chewy4x4 Registered Member

First off I have a 84 k5 4"lift 36" swampers. The lift is pretty old (don't know how old) but all bushings are completley shot and/or not there. A friend has some 6" springs new that I can have but the rear are 56". I know that Id have to relocate the rear but how complicated is this? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. 78K5395MT

78K5395MT Registered Member

from what i hear moving the shackle isn't too hard, but i'd go ahead and find new springs. if you do stick with the ones he's giving you i would just recommend the uses of all grade 8 zinc plated bolts and nuts and washers. and some good sealant on the washer, when you drill in to your chassis you are basically inviting rust.

i wonder if you could just bend the springs a bit to make them fit. . . /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    just kidding. . .