Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need tail light wiring diagram

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kumma, Dec 10, 2001.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

the previous owner spliced in a trailer harness, which was hastily cut off when i replaced the rear floor. it was rewired but its not correct. the reverse lights come on when the right turn signal is activated. and the right rear running light goes out when the brakes are pressed. any one have a link to a diagram.

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"

2. Tatman

Tatman Registered Member

what year? I have manual for up to 84... I can scan the page and send it to you.

Brian
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm>www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm</a>

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The reverse lights coming on when the right turn signal sounds like something is definatly crossed...
    As for the right rear running light going out when the brakes are pressed, check for a bad ground right there, the socket for the light bulb is usually case grounded.
    You're describing a problem with the lights that I had once.. turned out to be that bad ground.
    my 2 cents

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i've got a manual for my '89, i bet your '87 is the same. i can fax it to you, i'm not sure of my scanning capabilities here at work...

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

5. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

its a 87 jimmy i think it would be the same. you can fax me at 248-380-1690. thanks.

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"