Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Tcase shifter help !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Sep 22, 2000.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Okay. hope this makes sense..Cheri and I just got finished swapping the Blazer tub onto the new chassis.. Now the new chassis has a aluminum 208 tcase w/ no shifter.. my old chassis has the old heavy mofo "cast iron" tcase and has the drive selector. Will the 4 wheel drive shifter off the old tcase mate to the 208? If not.. what do I need to look for ? any help is greatly appreciated.

It's better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it !

2. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

You need the shifter out of a NP208 equipped rig. The old shifter from the "cast iron" case won't work. The 208 shifter bolts to the floorboard and has linkage that connects the bottom of the shifter to a bracket/lever on the side of the t-case. Most "cast iron" cases had a shift lever that went through the floorboard (like a manual transmission does) and attached to the adapter for the t-case. Junk yards are probably your best bet.

BIGJ