Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need tire Blaster

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 70~K5, Apr 22, 2002.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Can any of ya'll make a tire blaster like they use for big rig tires? Mounted the 35-12.5x16.5 I got from chris672 when I got home, but need a way to seat beads. I have all the rest of the tools they use to mount and dismount big rig tires. Just need a tire blaster. Don't want to use ether anymore.

2. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

ether baby

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

an easy way to do that would be to take a strap and tie it around the center of the tread and tighten it up as much as possible...then get some of that mounting soap and smear it on both sides right along the bead..then start fillin it up with air..as soon as the beads pop in pull out the valve stem and pull the strap off then fill the tire like normal..it shouldent be that hard to do if ya do it that way.

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I have done it just with murphy's tire soap, but man what a mess it is. What I want is one of the tire bead seaters that they're using now. 5 gals. of air out of a 1.5" tube pops the bead right up. And carry it empty with on board air and a couple of tire irons you could fix most tire problems on the trail. I allready have everything else for doing tires up to 11R24.5 but have trouble seating the beads at times. And am trying to save some money too. The comercial made bead seaters run $250.00 to $300.00.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well shoot get bead locks then you can mount and dismount tires all day long with just a 1/2 inch wrench and a tire iron..wouldent even need that bead seater thingie

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Or use Co2 tank, like PowerTank. You can seat a tire by removing the valve stem then take the tire chuck off the quick disconect thing, crank the regulator to max then push the quick connect thing onto the stem and BLAST of 200psi into the tire and 'POP' the bead will seat.........