Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to bench-bleed a CLUTCH master cylinder...?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Apr 23, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I know you have to bench-bleed a brake master cylinder before you install it, but is the same true with a clutch master cylinder...? Thanks for the input...

Chris

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

would make sense... but honestly i am not sure. i bench bleed anything i can first. makes it easier most of the time.
    grant

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hydrualic clutches can be a real PITA sometimes.
    At work I back bleed the system.
    I have a pump with a hose that fits over the bleed screw and I fill the system from the slave cylinder first and unbolted from the tranny.
    When the resevoir gets close to the full mark I close the bleeder and bolt up the slave cylinder.
    9 times out of 10 when you test the pedal it is nice and solid and not mushy.

4. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

YES YES YES!!!
    I think that it is the same for any hyd. clutch system. I went through 3 clutch master cylinders on my Camaro because the directions didn't say crap about bench bleeding it. After the second one broke (due to opening and closing the bleeder screw, then stripping it out) we filled it up, bolted it up and had a good pedal with about three bleeds.

Shane-