Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to buy a 700R4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bennett, Feb 19, 2002.

1. bennett

bennett Registered Member

I posted yesterday about the problems with my 700 R4. I got tons of great advice....Thanks guys. I have decide to go to a remanufactured tranny instead of a rebuilding m ytranny for my 90 full size Jimmy.. I am leary of the rebuilders I contacted in my area. ( Utah). I don't want to do this twice!... I am looking for suggestions as where to buy a decent remanufactured tranny with at leat a 24/24000 mile warranty. I want to put as little $$$ into this as the truck will be sold when back on the road. I tried the GM remans and they quoted $1500. I read somwhere that guys were getting them under 1K$. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Is there a GM/vendors online web- site that advertises on ColoradoK5?
    Thanks

bennett

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Put one in mine about 60,000 ago. Tranny was $1350 i think with 'some assembly required' (over the counter!!).
    Was another 400 installed (Non-Dealer), but i was pressed for time. It's still hangin tough and was a 3/50 warr. I'd image most any Chevy/GMC dealer would have a similar arrangement..

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

If you are trying to get out cheap just to sell the truck, I would just go to a local rebuilder. They are going to give you at least a 3 month warranty. That will be the cheapest way out.

Just my $.02

'85 K5 : 330 HP-350/350/205/FF14/D60/36 inch TSL's

4. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

you can get a standard rebuilt 700 from the RAPTOR folks for less than $800