Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to get a truck from Mobile, AL to Knoxville, TN

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by grimjaw, May 3, 2006.

1. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Well I bought another truck. This one is a M1028 with a flat bed and crappy white paint job. My working plan is to take the bus to Mobile and drive it back. My wife said she is not willing to go on another truck retrieval trip. The last one was a real pain.

The M1028 is a 6.2L Diesel, TH400, with 4.56 gears so this will not be a fast trip.

I thought I would check here to see if anyone in the Mobile area was headed to the Knoxville area. Both Tellico and Uwharrie are near by so it’s possible someone could be coming up here. If someone was willing to drive or trailer it up here we could work out a fair deal for time, fuel and trouble.

Please reply here, PM me or email me if you could do this. Thanks.

Matt_tedder@yahoo.com

2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'm going to Ocean Springs, MS on the 18th of this month, and coming back on the 20th. I'm in Spartanburg, SC and will go right around Mobile on our way. Give me a call (864)494-1472 I might be able to help you out. I'm about 3+-hrs from knoxville.

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Damnit!!!!!!! That was you?!? I was watching that auction - I wanted that truck!!!

Have you paid for it? Is it ready to be picked up? I might be able to do it. I don't have plans to come that way, but if you can make it worth my while, pay for the diesel, and for some food, I could kill a weekend and go on a road trip.... Just tossing it out there. Let me know if I can help ya.

4. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

If you are refuring to this one....
    [​IMG]

Yep! that was me. I knew this auction was going to go fast. I emailed the seller a few questions when I saw the auction and he replied. That night I talked it over wife my CFO (the wife). Then I called the seller and talked with him a bit. I hit the 'buy it now' option while we were talking because of concern of a biding war or someone else doing BIN. There had been 400+ hits on the auction.

So far, it looks like Steve is going to be able to pick it up while he is do there on work. If that does not work out I was give you a shout. Thanks.

5. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I'm only available this weekend - like, as in, pick it up right now and come up. I have no plans this weekend, so I could. Can't do anything later.

6. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Oh well, thanks any way then. I have not finished the paperwork and I do not believe the payment has cleared yet.

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you wouldn't mind waiting a month or so I could possibly swing down and pick it up and deliver. i think I am heading to AL in a month or so to see the inlaws and I could stop by Knoxville and see some of my family. Shoot me a PM and let me know. Wouldn't be that much of a pain to drag the trailer down to AL with me and a truck back up.

James

8. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I do apperciate the offer, but Steve Kibbe is going to pick it up for me next weekend. He is going down with a group for work.

This is the great thing about the people on this board. I have never seen a place where the people were willing to lend a helping hand like the ones here.

Thanks again.

9. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just do an inventory of parts on the truck before steve gets in it. We all know he's a parts whore.:haha:

10. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If that falls through just let me know. I am just itching to hook the trailer up and put a load on the new truck and trailer. I have to go to nearly the same places anyways so wouldn't be out of my way.

11. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I've already inquired about a few parts, John:D