Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to know how to adjust the idle on a Holley 670 CFM TBI!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Batmanjr, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Title says it all! I'm high idling like a son of a gun and need to fix it fast! I searched but to no avail the exact steps to take! I know how to adjust the timing, but it's firing very nice and the power band is right where i want it! How do I simply turn down the idle!????

Second of all, Will the computer not allow the tranny to engage is the idle is too high? Just curious! I want to fix the idle problem first and then see if it's messing with the tranny... It won't engage sometimes now that I fixed the vacuum sensor and vacuum lines! THanks all! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If in fact you have the stock TBI replacement...........try this. IAC adjustment...............

If that is for TPI only, go to www.thirdgen.org and check out the tech articles and/or TBI board.

HTH /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

If its like the one I had, there is a small screw housing in the front near the linkage. I didnt see it at first either.