Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED TO KNOW QUICK: Floor mat road noise???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by laketex, Apr 8, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey I'm about to go down and order my tow rig and need to know if there's a bunch more road noise with the vinyl mat in the floor than with carpet. Can't find one to test drive here and thought, well knew that por members would have opinions I'd like to have an easy to clean floor over a carpet one anyday, but if it adds a lot of road noise, i may opt for the carpet anyway.

The rig I'm getting is an '02 2500 cummins 6 speed quad cab swb 2wd. It has the SLT pkg, tow pkg, tow mirrors, camper pkg. Anything else I'm missing before I go order this thing?

2. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

My rubber mat had sound deadener under it from the factory. Took it out last time I rinsed out the interior--haven't noticed that much more noise. I prefer without the deadener because it held a lot of water and mud in it.

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey Lake. Carpet is always going to absorb more sound than a plastic mat. Yes they both have the deadener under them. However, the carpet will be quiter.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

got the carpet. Thanks.

It'll be here in 6 to 8 weeks, anticipation is a killer.