Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to Move engine..Help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyracing, Oct 11, 2001.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Hello Everyone,
    I need to move a complete small block from Eastern Colorado to Central Minnesota. It is the Corvette 327 that Mudnutt and I took out of his 79 Blazer.
    Anyway, my question is what is the most cost effective way to get this engine from here to there. Has anyone every built a crate for anything like this if so how.
    Thankyou in advance.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

2. MIKE_MN

MIKE_MN Registered Member

WHERE IN CENTRAL MN. I AM IN THE TWIN CITIES. GET A GOOD PALLET AND PUT A BLOCK UNDER THE FRONT, SOME SIDE SUPPORT BLOCKS AND STRAP HER DOWN. THEN CALL AN LTL TRUCK CO LIKE YELLOW AND HAVE IT PICKED UP AND DELIVERED TO YOU.

MIKE FROM MINNESOTA 72 CHEVY BLAZER

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

4. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

Hey I just sent a AMC 360 to Kansas, MO from Fort Wayne, IN. I crated it up fully inclosed it weighed 645 lbs and it cost the guy $250 for a 3 day delivery. I used Roadway Express.

<a target="_blank" href=http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/rw/Jo/og/t488200.jpg>http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/rw/Jo/og/t488200.jpg</a>

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike.

I live in Arriba, Colorado, my uncle who bought the engine lives in Deerwood MN. I am thinking about relocating to that area if I can get a job in a related field that I have here.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]

6. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Check with auto parts shops or mechanic shops that order factory engines. Most of them come on crates that perfectly support the engine. You will have to remove the starter, at least I did. Then screw that crate to a pallet and enclose the rest with plywood. The last one I had was from a GM goodwrench, Sold it with my last builder.