Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to purchase new springs for 71 Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by william_7900, Nov 17, 2005.

1. william_7900

william_7900 Registered Member

I need to purchase new springs for my 71 Blazer. I have 33' tires. I have never purchased really anything for it so far so I need some direction. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

William

2. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

well it depends on the direction you are currently wanting to take your 1st gen. If you want to remain the stock height and same ride you could go to GM and buy some replacements or Chevy Duty, or LMC, all are good. If you want it taller I would say most people would agree with me on Tuff Country EZ-ride springs, great riding springs with good flex. Again it all depends on what you plan to use the blazer for. :wink1:

3. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

tuff country ezride hds could be a better choice if you plan to run a large bumber/winch up front as the weight may cause ez-rides to squat over time. the ez-ride hds still flex and ride well and i have wheeled the piss out mine with a large bumper and 12000# winch for 2 years with no sag yet :laugh:

4. william_7900

william_7900 Registered Member

Thanks

Thanks for the input - I'll go check them out.