Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need to remove my winshield

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Sep 29, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

How do I do it so the seals are replaceable? Need to make 2 final half welds to my winshield cross bar and cant unless I remove the winshield. I pulled the little clip at the bottom front out and peeled the rubber strip from around the frame. But how do I get the other rubber strip out or do I even need to? I need it all to come out in good condition cause it'll have to go right back in. Thanks.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>THE OFF- ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS!!
    </font color=red>

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

With the lock strip out, and if the seal isn't hardened, it should push right out. If it's a little stiff, get a can of silicone spray with the little extension tube, and inject it all around the windshield side of the seal. Let it set for a couple of hours, and it'll soften up a bit. If it's too stiff, you'll be stuck cutting it[​IMG]

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If yer talking about welding close to it....can't ya shield it with something like wet blankets/rags or something?? If you really need to pull it...they are a BEAR!! Just what ya would figure, soak it big time with like PB Blaster or WD.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Good luck, I ended up breaking the glass (it has a crack in it anyway) to preserve the seal. Got glass from a donor truck for less than the cost of a new seal!
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> At some point I'll be done building my truck and can actually go wheeling. Until then, I guess sex and alcohol will have to do. [​IMG]

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

no i really need to pull it to make a good weld. the two bars i'm welding together are about 2" from the winshield and in a hard place to get to. I'll soak it down with silicon and then cross my fingers. Thanks guys.
    Bryan

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>THE OFF- ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS!!
    </font color=red>