Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need topper storage ideas.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trollporter, Apr 26, 2004.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Taking the top off of the "5" tuesday and was needing some ideas on storage to keep it off of the ground and to keep it from warping. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Click here

I just lay it on a few 2x4s....it doesn't warp at all and I have it off for the majority of the year....

3. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

I took some 2X's (8-12" wider than top) put large eyebolts (w/large flat washers) at each end & rigged a couple pulleys into my (garage) ceiling joists. I popped the top loose, slid the 2X's between top & body (use a towel to protect paint if so desired) & raised it up enough to drive out from underneath. Works better if it doesn't take up too much garage space, but you can back your rig underneath of it to park it. If you try this method, just be sure it's all sturdy enough to hold things up, & is "tied-off" good. Only a few bucks invested, protects top from theft, and I could remove/install top by myself.

4. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Thanks BlazerGuy. Stringing it up looks good to me. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif