Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Towing Advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RatMan, Oct 24, 2002.

1. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine just bought a VW Minibus. His only problem is that the bus is that its in Kentucky, and we live in Atlanta. So, he asked if I wanted to go up there to get it (he just wants my truck to tow with). I told him I'd ask the source of all K5 related information what they thought. Do y'all think I can tow it? The Blazer is mostly stock (a K&N and some Flowmasters is all). The bus has an engine, but it's not installed, would it be better to put it inside? I need your help!

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

IIRC the VW buses are very small and light. It should not be a problem to tow but how do you plan to do it? Tow bar, tow dolley, or trailer? Tow Dolley would probably be the best in this situation so you dont have to pull the added weight of the trailer.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Them things are very light. Rent a tow dolly. The rental place on 41 north of the big chicken has a decent dolly I have used to drag my mothers Jetta back from Knoxville when it puked a transimssion.

4. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

Thanks y'all! I figured it would be fine, but I just wanted to ask the K5 gods about it to be sure. Wouldn't want to end up stranded a few states away. I'm gonna have enough trouble selling this to my parents anyway.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

One more note: Do NOT tow in overdrive......