Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need TPI Help Quick....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Nov 13, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I know this isnt a K5, But my 88' trans am, has a 305 TPI motor. It has starting problems, When I start it when it is cold, it dies out as soon as it starts. This will continue for a long time until the motor warms up then it gets better. I am not sure if this is a TPI problem, or something else. I am not sure what else it could be. Does any one have any ideas what sensors I should check and how? I tried a scanner and it wouldnt come up with any codes. Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you do a complete tune-up first, including new plug wires and a compression check. If this doesn't solve the problem, it rules out a lot of things and gives you an excellent reference point to work from. Good Luck.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sounds like the cold start injector (think you have a MAF system) that may be getting an incorrect signal from the temperature sensor..........check the temp sensor (should be screwed into the block in the front of the engine above the water pump). Let us know.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com