Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Tranny Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stephan.laun, Apr 20, 2007.

1. stephan.laun

stephan.laun 1/2 ton status

Ok i recently removed my 6.2 from my blazer and installed a 350. I changed tourque convertor and thought i was done. Im now in Iraq and my better half is saying truck has no guts now. She took to local rip off repair shop and they say i need to change the governor because it still has a diesel one in it. Heres where i need help where is governor located in tranny and how do I get one without paying the $600 dollars they want to instal one. Or is it really that big of a deal. Cause if so I will just buy a new turbo 350 and install it when I get home.

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Gah, definitely a rip-off shop!

Govenor is very easy to get at, just pop the big round over from the side of the transmission off, pull the diesel unit out, and pop the gasser unit in -- Pop the cover back on, and you're done... I betcha your wife could do it if she is willing to sit under the truck for 20 minutes or so, and risk getting ATF on herself :P

3. stephan.laun

stephan.laun 1/2 ton status

Ya she said if it was easy enough she will do it. THanx for help any clue where she could pick one up at? Auto Zone says they dont carry it.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Who does the trans work for local Chev dealer? That's usually farmed out to a good shop.

There MAY be a kit available that includes springs/weights, so you can tailor the shifts yourself, that would be somewhere like pro-built. (.net? .com?) Used them awhile back, were very easy to deal with and knowledgable.

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Any good transmission shop should be able to get one for you, if not, post up a wanted ad in the classifieds, and I'm sure someone will have a blown 700r4 to donate the govenor from