Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Transfer Case Help Desperatley!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by monte0172, Jul 20, 2003.

1. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

The guy who was supposed to have rebuilt my transfer case never finished it!! After finally catching back up with him and got all my stuff back its in pieces and i havent a clue where it all goes. I have a 203 full time case and i need a diagram or any help possible. Thanks,

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Man those things run forever. The only thing that usualy gives it up is the chain. You can change that in the truck. There is proably 300K on mine. Sorry I don't have a diagram but I can tell you your in for some fun when you need to reload those 120+ roller bearings into the top chain gear. Haynes manual has some information. Local parts store will have that in stock.

You could probably pick up a decent case for $50 and put a chain in it ($120) and be done.

Good luck with it.

3. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Fortunatley that part of the case had already been put together all i had to do was put in the front shaft and the rest after that. Big jigsaw puzzle!!!! It is together now though. What happened originally is i had the same dude rebuild my tranny and three months later it quit pulling. come to find out my transmission case had give out and busted most of the splines off the inside of it. well not a biggy had 4 extras in the back yard so he took all my new inards and put them in a different case along with three new forward clutches that had burnt. well upon getting it workied on i talked to a few of my buddies and they said that if the chain in the t-case had alot of slack in it it could have caused the tranny to come apart like that. so i had the t case rebuilt too. well three months later all my crap is still in pieces and dude skipped out on me. so i spent this evening puttin everything back together and hopefully its right!! I dont like trannys but i have worked on them as well as transfer cases but never by myself and it was like 10 years ago. so long story short im glad i have a 208 and another tranny set aside just in case. Thanks alot though.

4. cashew

cashew Registered Member

Ran across this old post, and it made me think "where can you get a T-case for 50 bucks?". I'm actually looking to dump my converted 203 and put in a 205, which I'm sure wouldn't cost 50 bucks.

Anyone know of a good place to get a healthy used 205 in the SF Bay Area?

Thanks in advance!

Cody

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Shipping would suck but I know I can lay my hands on a working 203 and sell it to you for $50.

205 is a different story.