Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Turbo 400 Kickdown

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowchicken77, Mar 11, 2006.

1. yellowchicken77

yellowchicken77 Newbie

I'm finishing my 73' k5 and upgraded to a turbo 400 and need a kickdown setup for it , the one that goings under the pedal thanks Kevin

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got a switch you can have for 20 bucks shipped :) Just pulled it out of my 80 3/4 ton, which I converted to an SM465.

Don't have any wiring, but it is very simple to do. Just get yourself an electric oil pressure gauge sending unit wire (the connector is the same as the one on the TH400) then run from the tranny to the kickdown switch, then run the other pole on the kickdown switch to an ignition 12 volt source.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah this stuff is real common especially in the 80s 3/4 tons, as common as hookers in NV, i should still have a couple of the switches laying around here somewhere but i just tossed all my harnesses pile in a Z28 camaro i sent to the shredder last week, got sick of tripping over the wirs, so i said bye bye damn harnesses!
    so dont think i have any of the wires anymore, but it is orange and is spade end

easy to make one

and the switch well it is a reeal basic simple contact switch, you could use just about any kind of a two-wire contact type switch if you can mount it to the pedal bracket somehow

good luck