Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need u-bolt/stud kit for Dodge D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Feb 8, 2005.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Like the title says. The Dodge u-bolts are 9/16-18 thread, but I assume a Chevy kit will work, and I can just get some bolts with the proper threads to replace the studs. The axle tubes are 3 1/8" dia and the ubolt that goes around the pumpkin is 4 1/2" diameter. Anyone know where I can get the proper kit for a '93 Dodge D60, part numbers? If not, how about part numbers for a Chevy D60 U-bolt/stud kit? I need to make sure I get the right parts, the first time, as these are about all I need to complete the 1-ton swap.

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have a set of dodge d60f spring plates from a 90 model 1-ton that the frt was actually a 61. the spring plates from it would not work on my chevy 60f. i think it was cause the 2 bolts that go in the center housing were too close together on the dodge spring plates. they are still in the shed & i could check if u like, just pm me to remind me if no one else chimes in.

i would call one of our great vendors like tims offroad, tim can get anything dana for u & he is good to deal w/ i bought some bushings from him a while back. there is also o.r.d & others just hop in the vendors section & check them out.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Thanks, I have the spring plates, I just need new u bolts. I found a part number on superlift's website. I think I'll see what Tim can do for me.

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You can use a GM D60 u-bolt kit. You will need to drill out your plates to 5/8" but keep the stud holes at 9/16" and just use grade 8 fine thread bolts for them. I was able to reuse my original studs even with the lift springs, dodge used very thick packs.