Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need U joint & slip yoke help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Aug 20, 2000.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I need new U joints for my 1979 Blazer. I found Spicers on http://www.napaonline.com

My front driveshaft has a single U joint in the front and two in the rear, forming some sort of CV Joint. My rear driveshaft has a single U joint on each end. My front axle is a 10bolt and the rear is a 12bolt. I have a TH350 tranny and a NP203 transfer case.

Can anybody tell me if these part numbers are the correct ones? Or should I get them somewhere else?

Spicer SPI53147X - Front driveshaft Middle and rear 4wd-3 Joint driveshaft

Spicer SPI5625X -Trans. or Rear Axle End-2WD-w/3 Spd. MTM & ATM Rear Axle End-2WD-w/4 Spd. MTM & 53.09" Driveshaft Leng. Front Driveshaft-Front-4WD Rear Driveshaft-Front & Rear-4WD-(Exc. 4 Spd. MTM) SNAP-TIGHT(TM)
    Rear Driveshaft-Front & Rear-4WD-4 Spd. MTM
    SNAP-TIGHT(TM)

Also, can the slip yokes be repaired or must they be replaced? They both have play and would like to fix them now that I'm removing both driveshafts

My Blazer is not lifted, but will probably lift it 2.5" or 4" someday.

Thanks for your help.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. klier

klier Registered Member

Hey, did you ever get any responses to this message? If so, were these the right parts?

Brian

3. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    The 625's are the strongest, but they are sealed, no zerk fitting. I would go with the 153's they do have a zerk
    fitting.

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I only received one email telling me these were the wrong parts and that all 5 ujoints were the same. Fortunately I removed the old ones before ordering and discovered that in fact these were the right part numbers. I ordered them and installed them. No problems so far.

I left the slip yokes like that because when I removed them I found out that the play was not that bad and the biggest play came from the differentials. I'm changing ring & pinions soon, so that will take care of the problem (unless the play is in the spider gears).

Thanks for your concern.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]