Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Ubolt and plates specs for 14BFF

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Aug 21, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I have some sort of funky rusty setup right now, and need the real deal since we're going to cut these off tonight. I need to call the local spring shop and have some made to pick up this afternoon. What size do i need? Someone must have all the specs. TIA,

Bryan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

The axle tube is 3 3/8" thick...I'll see if I can find the old ones and measure the length.

Well the plates I have (still have parts of the ubolts stuck in them = hard to measure) the center of a bolt hole to the center of another is ~3 1/4 going side to side. Front to back is ~ 4 1/8. Hope it helps, if nothing else, TTT /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. FWP

FWP CRS

You're in luck, I just went through this. My measurements are based on my spring pack being 3" thick, yours may differ, adjust accordingly.

Inside dia= 3-3/8
    bolt dia= 5/8
    thread length= 3"
    Length (bottom of U_ to top)= 10" , that leaves about 1" of threads above the nut