Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Vacuum line schematic

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MrBob, Jan 3, 2001.

1. MrBob

MrBob Registered Member

Anyone out there able to post a schematic of the vacuum line arrangment on an '86 305 for my engine replacement? We have the old engine out and found a spun bearing and found that the fly wheel had been loose and the bolt holes to the torque converter were "reamed" out to an elliptical shape. We found metal shavings in the oil pan and in the pump screen. This is one heck of a lesson for a 16 year old. He gets to see first hand how much work it is to replace an abused and mis- handled engine. I have a feeling that this will enforce preventative maintenance in his mind.

Really appreciate any help on the schematic.

Red Springs, N.C.
    "I ain't responsible for my crappy typin' or spellin'"

[​IMG]

2. Dewy86k5

Dewy86k5 Newbie

I just bought an 86 w/305 also and just about the whole vacume system was cut out of it. I'm trying to re-build it now, so if you get a hold of that schematic please send it to me also.

Good luck MrBob.

3. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

I can fax one to each of you ....... but mitchell-on-demand will not let me print to a file ............ just email me a fax number and i will get it to you.

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74

4. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

i also need to know if your blazer is manuel or automatic ...... and cali or federal emissions?

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Go check out a Chilton book, they have K5 specefic ones.

K5:Big, slow, and flys through snow. [​IMG]

6. zrobbinsk5

zrobbinsk5 Registered Member

this is a random question but what is the deal on people cutting out parts of the vacuum system? lots of my buddies have done away with some of theirs and my mechanic is hellbent on getting rid of alot of it. am i retarded and missing out on something here or what?

7. MrBob

MrBob Registered Member

Thanks very much...it was on the fax this morning. I too wondered about removing all but the vacuum to distributor lines. I have been asked by several mechanics " Why you puttin' that sh*t back on?" One fellow works as a mechanic at a local dealership and indicated that he had rebuilt an '84 and that it ran great without the stuff.

I do beleive, however, that some of the heater vents work off vacuum assist (am I wrong here?) and I guess you'd have to figure out where they fit in to this picture. Never-the-less, I am considering doing without and seeing what happens too.

Thanks a bunch Channing................Appreciate your help..

It's interesting that the mechanics at a local GM dealer where my son works all said that there wasn't a chart and that when you messed with these lines that you had to do one at a time and that it would be a big mess and that they all rolled thier eyes when vacuum lines were mentioned , etc, etc....

thanks again.

Red Springs, N.C.
    "I ain't responsible for my crappy typin' or spellin'"

[​IMG]

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

For any that need it I can send vac line as well as electrical diagrams for various year Blazers. I also this summer installed an aluminum high rise intake and got rid of most of the vac lines that were not needed. It seems to run better.

9. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

I know I'm a little late but maybe you can copy this thing to your computer for future refernce. Here's one for '86 305, auto tranny, non-high altitude:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>