Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need/Want Opinions on Tire and Rim Size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Nov 26, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OK, I'm wanting Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires and M/T Classic Lock (simulated bead locks) for my DD and cruiser.

I was thinking about the Wrangler AT/S 35x12.5x15 (yes they exist) on a 15x10 3-5/8" backspace M/T Classic Lock...
    Then I got thinking I would like to have a 16x8" rim (4" backspace) for that bigger look. The largest tire I have found in the AT/S lineup is a 315/70r16 (33.6" tire).

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1069832754jjlaughner">

should I go with the
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />15" rims and 35's -of course or
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />go biggie sized and get the 16" rim with a little smaller tire?
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

I should have no problems running a 35 with a 6" lift and a 1" body lift, its not going to be offroading much other than mud and the occational power line trail /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] soon to have optional colors, I think yellow will work

2. jjlaughner

NO chop the fender off and put 40's on it posts /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Thats what Blazer #2 is for
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You certainly won't be running much mud or anything with those slicks for tires, but they'd be great for a DD rig. I say go 15" wheels, 35s, and those slicks and enjoy them for road use only! Then get K5 number two throughly hacked and put some 40s on it on 15" rims too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You'll like those tires. I have them in 305/75/16 on my K30 and they are very good general purpose tires. Like a streetable all terrain. I like them for winter driving.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've never heard of 305/75R16s. I know they make 305/70 and 315/75s

6. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    You certainly won't be running much mud or anything with those slicks for tires, but they'd be great for a DD rig. I say go 15" wheels, 35s, and those slicks and enjoy them for road use only! Then get K5 number two throughly hacked and put some 40s on it on 15" rims too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hows this for hacked
    [​IMG]

I know AT/S's are not boggers (and thats part of the reason I like them), BUT I have yet to go somewhere where they could not get me out. A friend of mine in an extended cab Dadge Ram ran them at the badlands at full street pressure the whole weekend and did pretty well. Couple of the lighter trailes, the rock quary, the mud pit, the creek trail and pea gravel hills where all no problem. ( erics truck , june 03 videos , erics badlands pages ,same pics but my badlands pages )

I've had them on my blazer for 3 years and even with snow, mud, rocks, and highway driving I could not be more happy with them! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    After I seen Subfans 35's thats the ONLY reason I lifted my silver truck. The BDS lift was bought for the plow truck for this coming spring. I didn't want to regear my 10bolts from 3.08 to 3.73 just to run a 33 inch tire instead of a 32. Once I seen the 34-35" AT/S's I figured why not regear to 4.10's and slap on the lift! ITS ONLY MONEY! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

beadlocks and AT tires? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Those wrangler At/s's are good tires they work great in the snow and they work better than BFG-AT 's in the mud /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    NO chop the fender off and put 40's on it posts /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Seriously! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I hate that too.

10. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    beadlocks and AT tires? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

simulated beadlocks with color rig overlays /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're gonna hate yourself if you re-gear to 4.10 and run 35" tires. Before anyone thinks I'm talking out my ass, I've been there, done that, and DEFINITELY wanted lower gears.

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

sorry to cost you so much money /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

315/75R16 should be a 35" too....

13. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    sorry to cost you so much money /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

315/75R16 should be a 35" too....

[/ QUOTE ]

Goodyear site says 33.6" I'm sure the 35 is like 34.5-34.8, so the sizes are not that big of a deal

14. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

procomp and bfg make a 325/80 16 its a 37/12:50 and the 315 is a 35in tire on their website.