Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need wheel bearing help on my front end Very Badly, thx

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, May 30, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

ok i took both rotors and spindles off each side, Then removed and replaced the seals, cleaned and repacked the bearings, One side went on like cake, the other side wont freaking go on all the way, i made sure that the big bearing is on the inner, and everything, Is it possible for a bearing to swell up or wtf is going on here, pls help, thank you its a d60

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I had this happen on a 10 bolt before. You mentioned that you cleaned and repacked the bearings. Did you put the same bearing to the same side it came off of? Sometimes those things won't go on very easily. They have to be at the exact angle and position to get them on, which makes it difficult when it's inside the hub. Take it out of the hub and make sure that it fits by itself. If it doesn;t take off the other side and test it there. Good luck. I hope my ramblings didn't cornfuse you. It's late you know. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had the same problem. The bearing gets a little off kilter and it's hard to tell because it's in front/behind (depending on which way you look at it) of the seal. Sometimes I have to try 4-5 times to get it to go on all the way. I take my finger and move the bearing around each time to make sure it's not bound in an out of whack position (keep lots of clean rags around while doing this as grease tends to get everywhere). Hope this helps.