Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by greyskull, Nov 12, 2003.

1. greyskull

greyskull Registered Member

I was thinking about getting some 16x10 wheels for my 83 K5 I have a set of 33x12.5 16" tires to go on it. I want the offset of the wheels to go out not in(Deep dish is what we called it long ago). Does anyone have any recommendations? Also what do I look for on the offset? I dont have a large budget for this right now does anyone have a set for sale?

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

You might try posting in "parts wanted" forum. P.S. I still use the term "deep dish," did it go out of style when I wasnt looking?

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Just incase you need this. Numerically high numbers (4.75, 4.25, etc) in back spacing tucks the wheels under the truck, while low numbers (3.25, 2.75) stick the wheels outside of the wheel wells.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Weld Racing is the only company that I can think of that would have the least amount of backspacing. I have 16.5x14 weld scorpio V's with about 3 and 3/4 backspacing. They are about as much deep dish as you can get. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Makes the Tires stick WAY out. The center groove on my boggers are even with the outside of the fenderwells /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif in the front and 1.5" narrower in the rear. I don't think a shallow offset is very good for tight trails though. I do mostly hill climbing, mud, and truck pulls so the wider the better for me. I think you can get some 16x10 rock crawlers with a pretty small offset.

5. greyskull

Hey blaze I was not sure if that was still the term used. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Guitar: I like that wide deep offset. Where can I find a set in 16". Seem to be hard to find. Any suggestions?

6. rjfguitar

Here's a pic of mine... They are 14's and about the deepest you can get. The 15x14 looks a little deeper to me because of the smaller diameter. But I prefer the 16.5 because of my 8 lug axles. weld makes a 16x12 but I don't think they make a 16x14. Why go with a 16" if you are still 6 lug? 15x12 or 14 is cheaper. If you are 8 lug I would go with 16.5 because there is more widths available. Check out www.weldracing.com and look at all their sizes and backspacings. [​IMG]

7. greyskull

I am still six lug. I was going with the 16" because I have a free set of good tires to go on them. The tires are 33x12.5 I agree it looks like there are not much in 16" mostly 16.5.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my HD eatons have 2.5" or BS... or is it 3"? i forget, but either way, it aint much. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif $58 a pop.

j

9. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

IIRC, Rockcrawlers come in 2.75" backspacing. Heavy4x4 has them.

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I am still six lug. I was going with the 16" because I have a free set of good tires to go on them. The tires are 33x12.5 I agree it looks like there are not much in 16" mostly 16.5.

[/ QUOTE ] Just remember one thing... If you are going to buy a nice expensive set of rims like welds and get them in 16", than get that size because that is your preference. Not because you have a set of tires that will wear out WAY before the rims are. If it was me I would get 15's and just sell the tires and get what you can for them, besides they were free anyway. If you go with some cheapy rims than it isn't that big of a deal because if you wheel it or tow with it you will be needing 8 luggers anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif