Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need wiring help for MSD 6A to GM HEI (70's)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

just pickup up a slightly used msd 6a box from my buddy. he doesnt have the wiring diagrams anymore. can anyone help me with this? or a link to a site would be great. i tried to D/L it from the MSD site but the page is no longer available.
    thanks,

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

pages 16 and 17 of that link are what you want. I should say 16 or 17. Thats the pages of the manual I used to fire it up on a 70s HEI setup.

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

awesome, thanks guys. that was the page i was trying to get, but it wouldnt load up. hey sled dog,it says you need two wiring harnesses, PN 8860 and 8861 to hook up to HEI. did you have to buy these? or they come with the box.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

really don't know, dad bought his 6AL as a kit from Summit. It was the 6AL box, Blaster 2 coil, and the HEI cap conversion to get rid of the factory coil. Everything I needed to do the install was there excpet for some lengths of wire to hook up power and all.

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i see. i guess even if it came in the box, my friend probly threw it away causs installed it in a 95 s-10. he had to buy the specific harness for that truck and that is whats hooked up to it now. thanks guys