Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Wood ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Need Wood /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Did I mention /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Your funny! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifflocker! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Hey, that's not funny!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

it was funny as heck! Oh, i own a lumber company-i didn't know that?! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I gotta hand it to ya,,,, That one was GOOD! LOL! Cracked me up.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just read the transcript, I missed the first half hour... Now I get this thread...

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ya had to be there... LOL!

9. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

He was referring to Bush claiming $84 in income from a small lumber company on his taxes, in 2001 I believe, and how it qualified him to be a small business owner.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

which really didn't have anything to do with the meat of the matter... that Kerrys plan raises taxes on small businesses. Not "evil" huge corporations... small businesses.

it was funny in any case, it sounded like kerry was saying he owned a lumber company and Bush's response was pretty funny for debate humor. Nothing will EVER beat Reagan's "I'll never use my opponents youth and inexperience against him" line, but it was still funny on Bush's part. He does much better in these types of debates, simply because he is a more personable individual than Lurch.

j

11. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

It did have to do with the heart of the matter. Bush kept harping about how Kerry will raise taxes on small business owners. Kerry used the lumber remark to show how easy it is to qualify as a small business owner if you are in that plus 200K tax bracket.

12. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He was referring to Bush claiming $84 in income from a small lumber company on his taxes, in 2001 I believe, and how it qualified him to be a small business owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is true!

Ouote:

Kerry startled Bush by saying that even the president is counted as a small business for tax purposes because he once earned $84 from a timber company he owned.

"I own a timber company?" Bush asked. "That's news to me." Then he paused and added, "Need some wood?"

The Annenberg analysis said Bush qualifies under that definition because he reported $84 in income from his part-ownership of a timber enterprise on his 2001 federal tax return.

By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer

End Quote:

FactCheck!

13. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Even according to factcheck.org there are 471,000 business owners with employees that will be affected.

14. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Even according to factcheck.org there are 471,000 business owners with employees that will be affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come you didn't add this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

(Update, Oct. 1: After this article was posted, the Tax Policy Center issued a new estimate that the number of small employers is 471,000 -- barely half the number the Bush ad claims.)

Article