Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need y'all's opinion - should I buy it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Nov 29, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Need y\'all\'s opinion - should I buy it?

Okay, here's the deal...

There is an 89 K5 around the corner from me for sale. The guy bought it for his kid and is now selling it. He isn't trying real hard so I think I can get a good deal on it.

It is an 89 that is mostly stock. Has lights in front bumper, custome 15x8 wheels, and headers, but other than that appears stock. Sounds good and runs good. About 120,000 miles. Recent paint that is in pretty good shape, interior is also in good shape. No rust, no body dents.

He is aksing $4000. I was thinking of offering $3000 cash and see if he bites. But, this would mean I would have to sell my 96 convertible firebird which is my daily driver. Should I get this and sell the bird? Or should I hold onto my money and look for a real trail rig? The paint and body on this one looks as sweet and straight as my current rig.

What would y'all do?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: Need y\'all\'s opinion - should I buy it?

Um...'89 daily driver and the '85 balls to the wall trailrig. [​IMG]

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, I second Lara on that one!

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. J.R.

J.R. Guest

no dont buy it ,, and if you could email me with his phone number.LOL

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I would wait

you can get started trail rigs for that much. The only thing that that really has going for it is TBI and a 700. i would hold out for another. for 4G's you can get that K5 over on POR that is running 39.5's

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

6. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Personally I'd jump all over it like stink on s***. But that is me. I heard of another one for sale about the same price, clean, and with a fresh motor and tranny.

I PM'ed you about it, let me know.

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy.............stock for now!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND I'M WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Not only Yes.. but hell yes.... [​IMG]
    Good year Blazer too... I'm really happy with mine.. wouldn't trade the TBI for anything .... except maybe a turbocity TBI upgrade.. [​IMG]
    The Chevy TBI is worth it's weight in gold.. go for it.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

if he bites on the 3000 offer go for it...i do agree for 4 gs you could get something thats well on the road to be a trail rig but personally i would jump on it and dont look back...

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Maybe I've just wanted an F-Body for way too long, but I say you'd be crazy to swap a 96 LT1 Firebird for a Blazer!! Especially if you already have one! ANd if you are looking for a "trail only" rig, you could get one for less anyway...Just my .02

Keep the Firebird!!

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I'd end up arguing with myself as to which Blazer to drive that day..............NO way would I get rid of an LT-1 anything for a Blazer...........daily driver heaven is what you have with that 'Bird. You get the best of both worlds, so enjoy them both!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Hey, is it red with a white top? I think I know that guy...red interior, KC's on the bumper, chrome spoke wheels, 32's or 33's?

90K5

12. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

One I am looking at is charcoal grey with red band and gray interior. Nice that it has the same interior as mine!

And the Firebird ISN'T an LT1. It is a 230HP V6 convertible. Fun, but can't get the kids in it.

Here is my thought... Buy the 89, put Tough Country 4" spring in front, shackle flip rear, pull the locked 4.56 10-bolts from the 85 with their 35" BFGs and install. Then, on the 85, install 6" front springs, 2.5" shackle flip (already has 4" rear springs), D60 front with ARB, 14BFF locked rear, 37 BFG MT KMs.

Now what do y'all think?

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

6 banger bird....sell it and get the 89 for a daily driver. I think there should be a law against putting 6 cyls. in american sports cars!!!

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Any sports car especially something like a Firebird do not deserve to live if they have a 6 banger in it. [​IMG]

Sell the car and get the truck. Make the new truck the daily driver and wheel the old one. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

6 cylinder makes that an awful easy decision. I wouldn't be caught dead in a 6 cylinder sporty car. Get rid of it.

I vote that you keep your '85 for trail basher and use the '89 for daily driver. Don't lift your daily driver. Just put some 31" all terrains on it and drive it. Smaller truck, less wind resistance, better mileage.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

16. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dump the Bird and get the blazer. It is getting harder to find K5s in good shape.

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

17. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'll buy it for $3k....and I already have an 89....drive the 89, and play with your 85.....you already know what you've done to it.....the 89 would be a great "family " driver as is......

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..