Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need your advice!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lornyk5, Feb 11, 2004.

1. lornyk5

lornyk5 Registered Member

Ok here is the deal, rough idle and mid to high rpm is powerless!I've checked the main crap like vacuum advance, timing, carb(rebuilt and re-tuned), it is a high km 305 so maybe timing chain skipped but I doubt it, just drove it 400km on an ice fishing trip to lake simcoe.Thanxs

2. bortz

bortz Newbie

I would check compression, then decide what to do. Hope this helps!

3. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your on the right track, Kinda sounds like the chain might have jumped a few teeth, but if you checked your timing and it came up, then hmmm.Easyist way to tell is bring #1 up top and trace your plug wire to cap, pop the cap off and it'l either be on #1 plug or half round off.Other things to check:plug wires, one or 2 may have been rubbing somewhere and have a spot "leaking" fire onto the engine it's self or something close by.One way of checking this I've found easyist is wait till dark, crank your k-5 up and pop the hood, it's pretty easy to see if anything arcing onto something else.Also (with engine off) visually inspect each plug wire for any "burnt or black" spots, this might indacate that it is arcing also.Also could be a plug(s) trying to foul on ya, also check connections to the dizzy (dist.) they could be loose, Could be a vac. line somewhere other that the vac. advance.Could maybe even be the dizzy it's self? (bad pick up or module)? Hope this helps ya out, just offering my $.02.