Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need your help.. Getting scammed by BILLY RICKLES aka Krukedwayz4x4...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emmettology 101, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Well the time has come for me to ask for your help...

At the end of July I contacted Billy Rickles of Krukedwayz4x4 about some H1 wheels he had in an auction. I originally thought we would handle it all through Ebay but he said just send him the money and he would send me out (5) 12 Bolt Hummer beadlock wheels. I shouldn't have done it but he had good feedback and saw he was on some message boards... So I sent him out a US Postal money order which he received around Aug 1st.. He emailed me when he got it and said the wheels would go out within a few days.
    Around the 12th I emailed him to find out if the wheels had been shipped since he never sent a tracking number like he said. No reply Around the 14th I called him to find out where the wheels were. No answer.. Then on the 15th a guy by the name of Andrew answered Billys cell phone and said he would check into it and have Billy contact me the next morning. Didn't hear from anyone so I called around lunchtime. Billy answered and said there was a mix up with my order and my wheels got sent to powered coating. Then said he would get another set out to me and call me the next day with a tracking number. Again, nothing.... So I called him the 18th and the 19th.. No answer and no replies to emails. On the 20th I sent him a polite email asking what was going on. At the ned of the email I stated: "Please dont make me have to take other actions."... Got a reply the next morning telling me to hold on and please dont send threating emails. He then went on about how they have 300-400 orders going out a day and that it was a simple mistake... Then a$$ured me he would check into it once I sent him all my info so he could check on my order... After that I received nothing yet again.... And since then I have had no replies from him and he wont answer his phone...

I looked on the net and found a few phone numbers for him. Even called his parents house yesterday. I just asked if they knew where he was and if they could give me his work number. I think I spoke to his Mom... She only gave me his cell which I already had...

I sent sent Billy a US Postal money Order for $322.15.. And I received nothing. So I am asking four your help..

The phone numbers I have for him are:

1-662-466-1881 Cell
    1-662-455-5179 Home

His home address is:

1104 Poplar Street
    Greenwood, MS 38930

His email address is:
    krukedwayz4x4@bellsouth.net
    and I found an alternative email for him at
    CLICK HERE which is billy@chrisalford.net

His Ebay ID is: krukedwayz4x4
    And his Ebay about me page is here:
    CLICK HERE

The one number listed on the about me page that is 662-392-0958 is supposedly not his anymore according to the lady that answered on the 18th...

Will be filing a Mail Fraud Complaint soon and will be getting the US Postal Service involved..

I would appreciate any help you can give!! And want to warn everyone about dealing with Billy Rickles!!!!!

P.S. I left out the parents number since they aren't invovled but you can find it easily on att.com/directory

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

:what:

In the post Wenzel days, I think every one may be a little quick to pass judgement and jump to conclusions. Sounds like a huge misunderstanding, and somebody with a volume of 300-400 shipments a day is bound to have a few mix ups.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Come on Mississippi folks. Help! A bit of a drive for us.

4. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

His alternative email (billy@chrisalford.net) goes to a company called Chris Alford Design, a graphic design place. Something smells fishy and it ain't the tacos.
    George

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

then its mail fraud. a federal offense.

nail him.

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Sounds like his company should be crookedwayz4x4......

7. Emmettology 101

What do you mean by smells fishy? PM me if you want..

Ryan - I actually had a post going on Pirate asking how long to wait before outing someone. ANd I waited longer than most said too... And sorry about the PBB thing. I am copying and pasting this on any site I can think of mostly as a warning to others...

8. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Disclaimer** This not based in fact only based on facts supplied by others**Disclaimer

Ok you state that the billy@chrisalforddesign.net is his alt email. In the garage thread he says he's so busy as a one man operation he can't keep up. But that email goes to a graphic design house? To me a business that doesn't have its own email means its not the operation he portrayed, more thats his day job and parts fab is a sideline. Thats cool if thats what he's doing, but coming off as a very busy one man shop with different priorties than keeping cash customers happy smells fishy.
    Thats all I meant. Billy send the parts!!!
    George

9. Emmettology 101

I agree. Actually came across the other email addy on the web... He only gave me the bellsouth addy...

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Krukedwayz4x4????? I think the name says it all. Kinda shouts Buyer Beware!
    The guy only has 64 feedbacks on E bay and says he has 300 plus sales a day out of his shop??? BS!!!!!
    Found a pic of his truck on pavement sucks if anyone in Greenwood Miss has a can of gas and a match laying around
    [​IMG]
    http://www.pavementsucks.com/members.php?opt=profile&action=view&user=9373

Why leave his parents out. He is runing their good name maby they need to know what a con their son is.

Also his susposed business has a dead link??? "Account Inactivated" As Elmer Fudd sez........
    Hey....... There's somthing wafully screwewy going on here.

11. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I have had that kind of B.S. before. Noone here, but off of Racing junk.com. Gave them ample time to send the goods and tried calling and making contact. They were eventually unresponsive so I contacted the U.S. Postal service mail fraud team and believe me, they put the whammy on the S.O.B.!

They guy finally sent the stuff after his credit rating was shattered. Don't feel bad about doing it either. They guy had his chances.

12. Emmettology 101

How long did it take for the Postal Service to take action?

I know by the company name and non-working website, I should've stayed away. But he seemed like a decent guy. Guess I am just too trusting... :doah:

13. Emmettology 101

I just got an email in my folder dated the 25th from Billy saying he didn't know what the hell was going on but would find out. Haven't heard from him though. Sent him another email and said I would get rid of all my threads and call the US Postal inspector once I received the product or a refund.

**EDIT**

Well looks like he sent that Friday... I sent emails afterwards showing him the threads I opened and then another after I filed a Mail Fraud complaint... We'll see...... He could've sent that like the others just to buy some more time. It's always "I'll check on it" etc... But nothing ever happens.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  14. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

It took the guy about 3 more weeks to send the stuff. But 6 months later his mom got ahold of my phone # some how and was begging me to call off the dogs at the post office, because it was ruining his credit while he was trying to buy a house.

Moral of the story: If ya make a deal, don't go back on it.

15. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Break the deal..........:o
    Face the wheel............:wink1:

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Keep us up to date. Having not logged into Pirate for a while, did you get any help over there?

17. Emmettology 101

None.... No one seems to know this guy... Haven't heard from him and I just got back into town.... :mad:

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have you heard back from the USPS?

19. Emmettology 101

Nothing yet. :confused:

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

This is getting ridiculous. Nobody who lives in this guy's area can stop to have a friendly chat and ask what the hell is goin on?