Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need your opinion on this winch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My buddy Matt (az-k5) runs that winch. It works ok. It is SLOW though. It pulls just fine as long as you don't mind the speed. He said something about the motor was not the best design for heavy use. He will probably explain it more if he see's this thread.

If you can afford better get better. If that is all you can afford it will do ok as long as you don't expect it to move mountains fast and often.

We have made 3-4 pulls on his sofar. It had no problems with any of them. None of them were extremely hard pulls though.

Harley

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

They are just like every other cheaper winch. I was broke and tired of being stuck so I got one. I chose ramsey over MM because ramsey will warranty their junk. If I had it to do all over agian I would look at a super winch or T-maxx for a budget puller. The real difference it the line speed and motor design. The cheap winches use a perminent magnet motor (like a cheap RC car) where as the next step up use a series wound motor (more HP/TQ, spins faster, resists heat better). I am not unhappy with mine but I would think about the extra $100 to get into the T-maxx or superwinch.