Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need your opinion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pulser9, Apr 2, 2006.

1. pulser9

pulser9 Registered Member

2. duanel

duanel Registered Member

for 750 I would go for it it is in better shape than my 73 I paid 850 for then had to do a couple hundred in work to be drivable and the body is still rough, and there is only three years of the second gen full convertible blazer. And I like those sliding side windows it has.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

is it just me or did that rod want out the pan bad. not good at all.

and those body lines at the doors and gate suck big time for lining up.

buy it cheep and cut off the top and splice it to a newer better body . only cause i live in the rust belt hear and have seen those kind of rides up close and thay do hide lots up hear with 55 gal drums of bone from time to time.

4. duanel

duanel Registered Member

ok on closer look I guess my 73 is in better condition the paint threw me, at leaest I know where the bondo is and my doors and gate do line up alot better so sweetk30 is right. I really should have looked at all the pictures up close.

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

The thing has a lot of rust and a lot of bad body lines. The tailgate isn't shutting properly, the hood isn't lined up. There is rust coming through the new paint. The guy doesn't look like he's hiding anything, but

I would be leary. You have no idea about the driveline. It must be good because the guy says it is:haha::haha:.

The buy it now price is like 1200 or 1300. Check the cost of an engine + install. You are getting up there in costs to get it on the road.

These things are everywhere. Keep you eyes open and buy one that has been partially restored for a good price. A lot of guys buy these, start working on them, give up B/C there is ALWAYS something to fix and they want them gone. You can find some killer prices if you don't get in a hurry. just my 2 cents

6. duanel

duanel Registered Member

I would agree i Looked at a couple full converts and the other one had way too much rust. I got lucky and did find one with minimal rust (at a car lot, yeah I offereded a 150 less than the posted price but was able to get it) but rust and straightness is a major thing. If you really want a full convertible you will have to take your time to find a good one or spend lots of cash fixing the rust buckets out there, but considering the bad gas mileage there are a few in good shape going for ok prices. (some people don't like gas guzzlers, where as I fell in love with mine)