Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need your prayers (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Aug 4, 2003.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif A good friend of ours named Bill is in Hershey Medical Center in critical condition following an accident last night. He rolled his Blazer on 116. We assume he was heading home since he lives in Fairfield right off of 116. Not sure on much more of the details at this time outside of that he was thrown from the truck. Donna might have more info and I'm sure she will post it as soon as she can. We just ask for your prayers for his friends and family and especially his kids. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Update: Well he is still alive. We heard he swerved to avoid hitting a deer, went up a bank and rolled 2 times. When they finally found him (thrown from the truck) he was dead but they revived him and they had to revive him a second time when they landed at the hospital. He was being followed and that is where most of the info is comming from. He might be parilized from the waist down due to spinal cord damage.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: Need your prayers

best wishes to bill from the resident florida jerk on ck5...

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Will do,Also let me know if they Need any Donations to help out with the medical Bill's or for food for his Family....

4. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Thanks Guys for the thoughts and prayers. Not sure what is gonna happen with the family aspect. He is divorced and the ex has custody of the kids. I'm hoping she had enough heart to take them to see him considering the circumstances. I hope to know more tomorrow. I tried to get in touch with his ex wife tonight but no luck. I found out by picking up a copy of the local newspaper and there was his Blazer demolished and on the front page. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It use to look pretty good!!!

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

that sucks.... Good luck to him....

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Good luck Bill, get well soon.

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The big man upstairs looks after all of us...

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

was he at the UPC run last year light blue dark blue k5
    well i send my best to bill --get well soon

9. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    was he at the UPC run last year light blue dark blue k5
    well i send my best to bill --get well soon

[/ QUOTE ]

No he wasn't there last year. He drives a white and orange lifted Blazer on 35's. I actually only met him about a year ago. Through Boy Scouts.

At any rate, it doesn't look good for him. He has internal bleeding that the docs can't find, and spinal injuries. He has been reived twice. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif At this time we have been told he has no brain damage which is a good thing if there is any good in all this. Wayne drove to the accident scene this morning and siad it didn't look pretty. I'd like to go see it my self. Just because. I'm hoping to find out where his Blazer is. I want to see it. I know that proably sounds crazy, but I want to. That's what I know for now. If anything changes I will let you all know.

Thanks for the thoughts and the prayers. His family really needs them. Espically his kids.

10. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I will keep a good thought for him and his family.

John

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I will keep Bill and his family in my thoughts and prayers. What a tough situation but miracles happen for people every day.... I hope that bill gets his too.

12. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

I will say he will certainly be in my prayers tonight, I hope for the best for anyone in this situation.

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i just prayed before i responded. everyone should, there is power in prayer.take care of your self and don't worry about the truck . it can be replaced ,people can't. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I hope all goes well. Sorry whenever something like this hapens.

15. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

not trying to steal the spotlight (for lack of better word)

I was in that same situation, but i hit the deer... then i mustve got some serious bumpsteer, and ended up in the ditch, i dunno how i rolled but i remember opening my eyes and i was lying on the roof of my rig, (wasnt wearing seatbelt).....

anyway... I guess i lucked out, and Your buddy didnt.... I hope he is ok... I hate hearing about people wreckin their rig and getting seriously injured.... Send him my best... matter of fact Send him the best from everyone here on CK5 who have read this post and feel the same way....

Good luck.

Oh yea, when he gets better.... Tell him the next time this happens just hit the deer.

16. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

wayne, just read your update, glad to hear hes doing ok...and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

17. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I am bringing an old post back to life but only because I have VERY INCREDIBLE & AWESOME NEWS!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

We talked with Bill and he talked with us on the phone today. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif He will be released from Hershey Medical Center on or around October 2nd. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif He woke from his coma (drug induced) on August 15th. He was only given a 1% chance to live after dying and being recesated twice and now he beat the odds. On a down note, he still has a long rode to recovery because he was left paralyzed from the waist down. He still needs our prayers that it is only a temporary thing. He has lost a lot of weight (40 pounds) but is overall in good spirits. He doesn't remember the accident or much that happened before the accident. He said to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. He and his family said they were all greatly appreciated.

On another note, there are several local bands looking to do a benefit concert sometime either near future or early spring to help get money together for his med bills. When I get more info, I will pass it along if anyone is interested.

AND FROM ME.......A HUGE THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!!! After speaking with his ex fiance today and then talking to him I feel like this huge cloud that has been hanging over me is gone.

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is great news keep us posted and we will all keep up the prayers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

thats awesome.
    i hope he is able to spend time with his children.

guess the reaper lost this time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Thank God, prayers are with him !!