Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED YOUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Dec 8, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

not good...NEED YOUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS

Figured since the other post is archived, I'd bring it to the new forums. Thanks to those of you that replied in the other post:thumb:

*update*-------------------------------------------------------
    Just got a phone call and was told that a decision needs to be made. To keep her on life support for a few more weeks and see if she improves or take her off now. **** this sucks. The doctor doesnt see her improving, but Crystal's wishes were for the doctors to do all that they can. The family is dicussing the options. Going there now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of you know and some of you dont, I have a close friend who has been in the hospital in and out alot in the last few years...usually for 3+ months at a time. She has had kidney (lack of) problems since she was born. She wasnt supposed to make it past a few years of age and she is now 24. Spent alot of her child hood growing up in hospitals (ronald mcdonald house, ucla childrens, etc) After being on the list for a transplant for about 15 years, dialasis 4 times a week, about 20 pills a day, etc. she finally got a transplant. her body rejected it after 5 years. Its now been about a year and nothing but problems since. Emergency brain surgery (hematoma on her brain), etc and she was still fighting. She was supposed to have brain damage and nothing happened to her. She is still fully functional and you wouldnt know she had any problems just talking to her. This was all about a year ago. SHe has been hospitalized several times since for seizures and other things.

On this last Saturday night, we got a call that she had another seizure at the house. An ambulance was called and she was rushed to the hospital. She went into cardiac arrest (sp?) 3 times on the way. She was put on a ventilator (breathing machine) 100% and meds to keep her blood pressure up. Next day she had a stroke. Yesterday her liver just about stopped working all together. Her body is basically shutting itself down. Lungs, no kidneys, liver all shutting down. ****ing sucks. They told us she probably will not be walking out of the hospital.

She is a fighter and always has been. I guarantee that 99% of the people I know would have given up a LONG TIME AGO if they had to go through HALF of the [censored] she has had to deal with in her life time. Last night while at the hospital as me and her sister were holding her hand, she lays there, with one eye shut and one eye half open, no movement at all, just tubes everywhere. As we were telling her we love her and will always be there and that she is NOT to give up, and to keep fighting like she always has...as lifeless as she appeared, a small tear ran down out of her half open eye.

She is fighting, she is not giving up. We believe she can beat these odds as she has so many times before. Her sister is scheduled to give her another kidney in February also.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she is to young to leave us!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

She does sound like a fighter...

My best, and most sincere wishes that she recovers.

3. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you're a very good friend of her's. What is here name? She will be in my prayers tonight. Trust that the Lord will do what is best.

--Adam

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Her name is Crystal. Yeah, I have known her for about 6-7 years. She is actually my gf's sister. Her little brothers are taking it kinda hard (11 and 13). After almost losing their other sister (my gf) to this in Feb. (she was the driver)http://community.webshots.com/photo/82569246/129515810QyowDh

and now possibly losing Crystal, they havent had a great year.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Will do, I'll be happy to pray for her. She really does sound like a fighter. Stay strong for her and the family.