Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Needed 2WD 700r4

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Okiemuddog, May 12, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

The tranny in mom's burb is going south, won't hardly shift from first. So, I need a ready to install 700r for a '90 2wd burb with a 350. I have a 400/203 for trade if interested, if not post a price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Krennen

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Before you yank out the whole tranny, pop the round side cover and check the plastic gear on the governor. When that wears out the tranny won't shift out of first until around a bazillion RPM. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif A $10 fix would be much better than a tranny swap. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. TOBYONE

TOBYONE Registered Member

if the gear doesn't fix it pm me,might be able to help you.My dads did the same thing he bought one and found the teeth worn on its way out, fixed the gov. still going. he still has the one he bought to put in it.Toby

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The tranny in mom's burb is going south, won't hardly shift from first. So, I need a ready to install 700r for a '90 2wd burb with a 350. I have a 400/203 for trade if interested, if not post a price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Krennen

[/ QUOTE ]

If you got it fixed already then that's good but if you still need one let me know I have one ready to go, I can ship forward air from Sacramento.
    $350.
    Willing to consider a trade but let's talk.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif