Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Needed! 44 ring gear 3.73

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer72, Jun 18, 2000.

1. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I think that my truck being at the y2k5 meet is doomed ! I got the oil pressure back, I had to replace the crank! I got the rear 12 bolt fixed and the full floater kit on! Along with the wheel studes change out to 1/2 ones that were longer! To night I was going to replace an oil seal on the front axel shaft, what did I find teeth chiped off the ring gear 4 of them why I cant tell the wear patern is good the pinon gear is fine the back lash is good. The gear set is realy in good shape. I dont have the time to replace the set befor the run, I would like to just find a used ring gear to use for now if I could. I plan on rebuild the axel this fall useing a difrent housing which is one more reson not to do it now.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dont you need the ring and pinion cause they're worn in as a set? I'm not sure, but I think I can get you a ring gear just about free if that's not the case. Got a friend that runs jeeps and changes a lot of gears in their 44 axles, he's got 5 or 6 ring gears (mostly 3.73) with posi laying around the shop. I'll ask him if he'll part with one if it'll help ya out. Let me know.

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Yes you should but I will not spend the time to set up a new set in the axel thats in the truck. I'm think a mised matched set is better then onw with teeth that are chiped. If you can get the set thats fine but the rings fine to.

4. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I have a 3.73 ring and pinion and carrier for not much if your interested anyway let me know. thanks

Brian

MUDNUT

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to my how much and when can you ship?

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

man I forgot all about you, sorry. I'll call dale tommorrow nite (friday) and see if he'd give me a gear for ya.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress