Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

needed 80s crew cab just cab

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by chubbybob, Jan 8, 2004.

1. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

im trying to find a 4 door cab with doors that is in descent shape any where on the west coast I will pick it up. I dont need any other parts

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

supersize75 has one in AZ that I was interested in but doesnt look like I will get a chance to get down that way any time soon. There is also a 2wd crewcab dually in a field next to a friends house up here in WA state that I have had my eye on.

3. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    supersize75 has one in AZ that I was interested in but doesnt look like I will get a chance to get down that way any time soon. There is also a 2wd crewcab dually in a field next to a friends house up here in WA state that I have had my eye on.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know where in AZ or if that ones gone whats the one in WA like. I could have one of my friends up there pick it up for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. kennyw

The one in WA state is a little beat up on the exterior but should be rust free. The owner was having trouble keeping it running and just parked it there in the field not too long ago. I havent looked at it up close yet though. It is located in Benton City, WA (SE WA State).

The one in AZ you should PM supersize75 for more info on it.

Oh, and mountainexplorer has a 2wd crewcab with rusted out floorboards and rockers on his property up north of Spokane, WA. That one would make a great trail rig project.

5. kennyw

Nevermind the one in AZ. I just called shawn and found out he had to get rid of it because of storage issues... Should of asked him where it went though. If it went to a junk yard it may be for sale there, but probably a lot more money.

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Actually, that one stored up there I traded off a few years ago to a friend who traded it to another guy... yet it still sits there in the same spot.

I have another '74 crew cab, but it was all burned up in a fire. I don't know if the "shell" of the cab would be salvagable or not. Maybe if it was sandblasted, but that would be alot of work. But it's free. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I got one. Just the cab. GOOD shape rust free. I could have pics friday or saterday. Oh its off a 85ish 2wdchevy. that was white and is missing the rear glass, and is an auto. It has a title too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. kennyw

Talked with the guy that owns the one in Benton City, WA. He wants $1800 for the whole truck with a tired 454, good tires, newer commercial built flatbed with gooseneck hitch. It is only a 2wd, 1 ton. Would make a nice truck as is if someone rebuilt the motor but probably a little too much money for just the cab.

9. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got one. Just the cab. GOOD shape rust free. I could have pics friday or saterday. Oh its off a 85ish 2wdchevy. that was white and is missing the rear glass, and is an auto. It has a title too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
    I think I found one here in vegas but if the price isnt right I will pm you and have a friend from portland come and pick it up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Talked with the guy that owns the one in Benton City, WA. He wants $1800 for the whole truck with a tired 454, good tires, newer commercial built flatbed with gooseneck hitch. It is only a 2wd, 1 ton. Would make a nice truck as is if someone rebuilt the motor but probably a little too much money for just the cab.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah way out of my price range and I dont really need an extra vehicle but thanks for checking.

11. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Mine is still attatched to the frame. All it is is just cab. No fenders, doors or nuthin like that. Also i was looking at it the other day to confirm that it was indeed rust free and i found some rust around the back window seal. (a little more than just serface rust) But you could have your friend come look at it.or i could get you the picks real soon. I think i only want about $150 for it, if your friends take it off the frame and haul it off with little assistance by me (I will deffinetly help them out with geting it off the frame and all that but i mean as far as hauling it off and stuff would be difficult for me.)Are you just trying to replace a rusty cab that you have on a curent truck of yoursor somthing? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

12. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine is still attatched to the frame. All it is is just cab. No fenders, doors or nuthin like that. Also i was looking at it the other day to confirm that it was indeed rust free and i found some rust around the back window seal. (a little more than just serface rust) But you could have your friend come look at it.or i could get you the picks real soon. I think i only want about $150 for it, if your friends take it off the frame and haul it off with little assistance by me (I will deffinetly help them out with geting it off the frame and all that but i mean as far as hauling it off and stuff would be difficult for me.)Are you just trying to replace a rusty cab that you have on a curent truck of yoursor somthing? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the rust in that area wouldnt matter I am cutting the whole roof off any way and making it a convertible.
    I am cutting my standard cab in half and adding the 2 extra doors then recaging the whole thing plus adding 3 more mastercraft seats.
    this in on my 83 rock truggy/pick up. there is no bed just a bunch of cage work and bed sides that are removable depending on what trails we are running. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

sounds like a killer rig you got in the works. so let me know if you want it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif