Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Needed ASAP, non or less rusty front body mount for under core support

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by jjlaughner, May 7, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I haven't had a single problem with the body mounts on the project truck till I pulled the front ones.

[​IMG]

They kind of rusted in two and pulled apart. I have a rust free. or at least ALOT better condition core support coming Monday!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif (THANKS to jac6695 making his east coast trip this weekend!)
    [​IMG]

They are $20 each (with the rubber) from LMC... I can't swing that plus I have the Polys I want to put in. Anyone have two laying around they want to sell? they can be any of the pickup cab or front core supports, or the front body mounts/core supports from a blazer/sub /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Paypal today or MO tomorrow! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What you need the actual body mount tab that's on the frame?

If so, just get a hunk of thick plate and some square tube and makle one silly plate against the frame, cut the bottom off the hunk of tube and weld it to the plate

3. Resurrection_Joe

Oh if you want I'll make you what I'm thinking of for shipping costs

4. Resurrection_Joe

Hmmmmm now I'm thinking about doing something custom with mine, how long can you wait? I'd need to hammer the rivits out of mine........

5. Resurrection_Joe

Yes I'm definately cutting mine out, i can get em off tomorrow, howzat sound?

6. jjlaughner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Nope the steel mount is ok... I need the metal section that holds the rubber bushing. Notice the cup that holds the bushing rusted and the center section is seized on the bolt and its stuck to the core support... I need the cup section that the new poly bushings slides over and goes between the mount and the core support /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Well [darn]......

Nevermind then

8. Resurrection_Joe

I dont suppose a big fender washer would work?

9. jjlaughner

Nope I thought about that, but the bushings has a BIG oblong hole in it that this body bushing cup has to slid in, otherwise there would be nothing to hold the bolt in place /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

$30 to your door with the bolts too much for you?

11. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

PM me your shipping address and I will send you a set of nice rust free ones on monday. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. jjlaughner

WOOHOO /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Rust free parts! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

This truck is going to look a little different after a new core support, all new floors, hacked fenders, the only bad piece left will be the frame and I had a guy PM me about a frame /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif So there maybe a frame swap in the fall /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Youre just wanting the cup thats on top of the bushing?

If you havent gotten any yet, I have about 6 of them. I replaced all of mine when I did the BL and poly bushings.

14. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    $30 to your door with the bolts too much for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well kenny threw out the free offer so I got to take it. I'm doing abody lift and already have the bolts, just need the cups! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Thanks though

15. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

If you havent gotten any yet, I have about 6 of them. I replaced all of mine when I did the BL and poly bushings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get them?

16. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what did you replace them with? The poly bushing has an oblong hole in the middle that you almost have to use the cup to hold the bushing in place /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    [​IMG] see the big bushing in the middle? A set of those goes under the core support, the front body mounts and the mounts right under the front seats.

See the silver upsidedown cup over the bushing
    [​IMG]
    Thats what holds the bolt vertical in the bushing /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

See the silver oblong piece there in the bottom of the bushing.... thats the bushings cup going though the bushing
    [​IMG]