Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEEDED ASAP!!! Oil Filter Adapter...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 90blzr, Oct 6, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Need one for a 1995 chevy 454. This is the part that the oil cooler lines attach to and what the oil filter screws onto. I guess the ones from a 1987 are different, so I need a later model one!
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    Thanks/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A 1995 454 should be a Gen V motor. That being the case, the lines thread directly into the block as opposed to using the adapter. GM sells these lines to adapt a Gen V to a C/K or R/V truck. The holes live between the oil filter and the oil pan rail.

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yes I found that out last night. I got to looking at it and saw that there are to threades holes in the block right in front of the filter. Ther is also one small threaded hole in between those two. IS there a bracket or something that goes there?
    Also would you happen to have the part numbers for the lines? Or can I use my old lines from the 1987? Does the line actually screw into the block...or is there a fitting that screws into the block and then the line screws onto the fitting? Thanks for the help!!

4. mosesburb

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the lines thread into the block. The lines from an '87 will not work because they need to make a 90deg turn up into the block as opposed to going straight into the adapter. I don't know the number on the lines but a good GM parts guy should be able to find them for you. They always came in an installation kit when we were doing a Gen V install into a R/V series truck. I'm sure they can be had separately though. If you abssolutely can not find them, let me know and I can tap some knowledge off of an old timer at GM that I deal with.
    Good luck,
    Nick

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So I wonder if I would just be able to get the lines off of a 1995 and be done with it? hmmmm....

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Or....just get a female to male 90 and use my existing lines /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. mosesburb

Probably won't be able to use the '95 lines as the EOC was in the LH tank of the radiator as opposed to the external EOC on the R/V series. I don't think you're going to find adapters to do what you need done, but you just might.
    Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif