Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Needed: Code Scanner in Austin Texas area.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Nov 9, 2001.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I thought I'd try this before dumping load's of money into my 89 Blazer..
    Does anyone in the Austin area have a GM code scanner to diagnose my truck's problem? Or does anyone's friend's have one?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

hmmm Rocko, do you really need the scanner?? Why can't you just go to Autozone, and get one of the keys and booklets and put it in the mode where it spits out the codes (light flashing)?? Isn't this the same thing that the scanner will tell you??

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html>http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html</a>

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Can't help ya locally, but a good idea for future use is getting one for your toolbox. Pricing for an AutoXray part number 10110 at a Kragen/Schucks/Checker is $159.99. Money well spent.

Good luck..........and congrats on your marital plans!

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I need something.. i have to fix it Asap.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

5. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

I got one at Wal-Mart. It was like $20. It's nothin fancy, you just plug it into the ECM diagnosis receptical below the steering wheel to the left (near the e-brake release lever). Then, the check engine light flahes you the code and you look it up in the book it comes with. It saved me $$$.
    CB

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If you have a paper clip, you dont need a code scanner. Jump the two terminals on the right of the scanner hookup together (key off) and count the number of flashes beore than after the pause (for example, 1 flash- pause- 2 flashes is code 12.) Post the code and I'll look it up later when I get home