Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Needed, NP203 front driveshaft

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Okiemuddog, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well my shaft finally gave up, went wheeling tonight and could not figure out all the noise from the front end and no front drive. A buddy shined his flashlight on the shaft and it was just spinning at the splines /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. I guess all the slop at the splines finally got the better of it, I imagine that turning 38.5's did not help /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

So I need a complete front shaft with the 4-bolt flange for a Np203, I need on that is tight at the splines and has a CV in good shape, I can replace joints. The cheaper the better.

Thanks,
    Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i just gave mine away /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

hello,
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif
    how long was your old shaft at rest, and was the diff. end an inside or out side u-joint. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Humm, not sure of length, I will measure it tomorrow, the lock rings at the diff end are outside lock rings.

Watcha got? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

I happen to have a couple different shafts. some straight and some cv. just let me know a size to look for and very possibly might have it.

in fact just saturday I pulled off another one from a 203 to do a swap. it was a long bed 1979 chevy half ton so it should be close to what you need. all I ask is to not incur shipping fees and the shaft is yours AKA free. figure it's better than trying to get one at pick n pull. should be something like $40 via greyhound maybe less. they usually ship the cheapest for odd sizes and anything under 100lbs.

late
    Dillon Carson

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ive got one for $25 plus shipping. PM me if youre interested.