Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

needed trailer/parts delivery next weekend (Mar 10-13)

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by gmcjimmy88, Mar 1, 2006.

1. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I know this is way out of the ordinary, but I have to ask. Does anyone have a trailer they would be willing to loan/rent (cheaply) for the weekend of March 10-13. I am planning on going to Jersey to pick up a K5 frame and axles and need to get them back to NC. The frame is roughly 15 feet long. I figure the weight would roughly 800-1200 pounds. A tow dolly would work fine or a landscaping trailer rated that weight. I realize this is way out of the ordinary like I said but had to ask. I was originally planning on taking the axles off and loading the frame in the bed of my truck with the axles on top of it, but I have to get some shots on my lower back this Fri (3 Mar) and will not be allowed to lift the weight to get it in or out of my truck. If anyone is thinking they might be willing PM me or E-mail me @
    jeepman198601@yahoo.com. I can call you and discuss it further.

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i have an 18ft trailer that you are welcome to use. but i am 20 miles south of atlanta. i dont know if thats too far away for you :confused:

3. gmcjimmy88

I appreciate it very much, but I do think it is a little too far to use. If it was one the way between Fayetteville N.C. New Jersey then I would say yes. Thanks for the offer though.

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was in that area last week with a dually and car trailer. Would have been more than happy to pick it up for you.:doah:

5. gmcjimmy88

You going back up anytime soon? Wish I would known that.

6. clarkjw24

7. clarkjw24

Another thought would be to ask in the NJ forum to see if someone would help you load the stuff like you originally planned. If you don't need the frame but have to take it with the axles, take a sawsall and cut it up into pieces.

8. gmcjimmy88

I am getting the axles and frame/all suspension stuff. I dont need the frame but can use numerous things from it. I twisted the back half of my frame pretty badly and I could use some of the steering components. Mainly the few parts I need and keep the others for spares/if some else needs anything. The frame will prolly be either switched over to mine or the back half switched to mine (prolly next winter). Gas tank and such is needed also. Mine only hold like half due to the dents LOL. Also maybe use the metal to make bumbers/anything. I might just cut the back 7 foot or so off of the frame. I measured today and my frame is 15 by 3 3/4 foot. So an eight foot and a seven foot section would fit nicely. I would have to weld that back half on to mine then though. As a last resort I might try that.

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can borrow my 6X12 if ya want. It's low enough to drag/roll the axles and frame onto. Even has 6 lug wheels/spare.